Kim Wong-Shing is a writer and editor with five years of experience in digital media.
Currently, she is the senior associate editor of health and wellness at CNET. Her work has appeared in Glamour, Men’s Health, Healthline, Bitch Media, USA Today, Bustle, Greatist, Autostraddle, MindBodyGreen, HelloGiggles, GO Magazine, StyleCaster, Wear Your Voice Magazine, NaturallyCurly, and Elite Daily.
Kim grew up in Philadelphia and attended Brown University. She is now based in New Orleans, where she lives with her pup Junebug. When she isn’t thinking about em-dashes, she is likely thinking about the apocalypse, her next snack, or the best/worst animals (ask her about blue whales sometime).
Kim’s work focuses on wellness, lifestyle, pop culture, beauty, relationships, queerness and identity.
- Why You Should Ditch Your Diet, and What to Do Instead, CNET, 2021
- How Horror Movies Can Help Mental Health, According to Science, CNET, 2021
- When COVID-19 Is No Longer a Pandemic: How Our Reality Changes, CNET, 2021
- I Just Really, Really Miss AIM, Greatist, 2020
- Jennelle Eliana Is Changing The #VanLife Movement, Bitch Media, 2019
Pop Culture & Entertainment
- Happiest Season Is A Feel-Good Christmas Movie The Whole Family Can Enjoy, Glamour, 2020
- The Craft: Legacy Is Full Of Clever Nods To The Original, Glamour, 2020
- 27 Movies About Queer Women Of Color You Can Stream Right Now, Glamour, 2020
- The Queer Rom-Coms I Wish I Had Seen Growing Up, Glamour, 2020
- Phoebe Robinson’s Wash Day Routine Consists of Entirely Black-Owned Brands, Glamour, 2020
- Bye-Bye, Blow Dryer: Wet Styling Is The Way To Go, Greatist, 2019
- How My Fine Curly Hair Routine Changed After Going Blonde, NaturallyCurly, 2019
- How To Keep Your Relationship Healthy When You Both Have Depression, MindBodyGreen, 2019
- Why You Shouldn’t Wait For A Crisis To Go To Couples Therapy, MindBodyGreen, 2019
- How To Grow Closer To Your Boo Without Actually Moving In Together, Autostraddle, 2019
- ‘Dear Queerantine’ Is Building A Living Archive Of Queer Stories During COVID-19, GO Magazine, 2020
- Why This Year’s Pride Is So Important, GO Magazine, 2020
- This Black Lesbian Travel Agency Wants To Help You Plan Your Next Vacation, GO Magazine, 2020
- How Waist Beads Taught Me To Embrace My Body At Any Size, Healthline, 2019
- I Thought I Shaved My Body Hair By Choice Until I Came Out As Queer, Bustle, 2019
- I Lived With My Ex-Boyfriend For 6 Months & Learned The Ultimate Lesson About Boundaries, EliteDaily, 2019