Kim Wong-Shing is a freelance writer and editor. Her work has appeared in Glamour, Men’s Health, USA Today, Bustle, Greatist, Autostraddle, MindBodyGreen, HelloGiggles, GO Magazine, Bitch Media, StyleCaster, Wear Your Voice Magazine, NaturallyCurly, and Elite Daily.
Kim grew up in Philadelphia and attended Brown University. She is now based in New Orleans, where she lives with her pup Junebug. When she isn’t thinking about em-dashes, she is likely thinking about the apocalypse, her next snack, or the best/worst animals (ask her about blue whales sometime).
Her work focuses on lifestyle, beauty, relationships, pop culture, identity, and wellness.
- I Just Really, Really Miss AIM, Greatist, 2020
- Jennelle Eliana Is Changing The #VanLife Movement, Bitch Media, 2019
- Phoebe Robinson’s Wash Day Routine Consists of Entirely Black-Owned Brands, Glamour, 2020
- Bye-Bye, Blow Dryer: Wet Styling Is The Way To Go, Greatist, 2019
- How My Fine Curly Hair Routine Changed After Going Blonde, NaturallyCurly, 2019
- How To Keep Your Relationship Healthy When You Both Have Depression, MindBodyGreen, 2019
- Why You Shouldn’t Wait For A Crisis To Go To Couples Therapy, MindBodyGreen, 2019
- How To Grow Closer To Your Boo Without Actually Moving In Together, Autostraddle, 2019
- 27 Movies About Queer Women Of Color You Can Stream Right Now, Glamour, 2020
- The Queer Rom-Coms I Wish I Had Seen Growing Up, Glamour, 2020
- There’s Finally A Lesbian Relationship On 90 Day Fiancé, GO Magazine, 2020
- ‘Dear Queerantine’ Is Building A Living Archive Of Queer Stories During COVID-19, GO Magazine, 2020
- Why This Year’s Pride Is So Important, GO Magazine, 2020
- This Black Lesbian Travel Agency Wants To Help You Plan Your Next Vacation, GO Magazine, 2020
- How Waist Beads Taught Me To Embrace My Body At Any Size, Healthline, 2019
- I Thought I Shaved My Body Hair By Choice Until I Came Out As Queer, Bustle, 2019
- I Lived With My Ex-Boyfriend For 6 Months & Learned The Ultimate Lesson About Boundaries, EliteDaily, 2019